The Chemical Business Simulator is a suite of business simulation games, which enhance the chemical engineering curriculum by requiring application of both engineering and financial principles to define successful commercial chemical processes. Each simulation game contains one or more teaching topics including:
- Closing material and energy balances
- Importance of recycle streams
- Price-volume relationship in a dynamic market
- Impact of plant scale on capital operating, and unit costs
- Benefits vs. risks of pioneer plants
- Impact of capital and operating costs of separations
- Importance of Environment, Health, & Safety (EH&S)
The paper introducing the website, published in the Chemical Engineering Education journal (Vol. 51, No. 2, pp. 88-93), can be downloaded here.
If you are an instructor, please contact William Banholzer () to obtain an account, or go to the login page.